1/13/10

For the 3rd year in a row... I will now take your questions, comments and insults...

Dear Loyal Readers of QCI (aka QCI-ders):

If you humor me here a bit... as I seem to have been reflecting on milestones, numbers and other special moments that had made this thing of the interwebs, truely the World's Crappiest Blog... a lot lately... Because... Today is kind of not really a special day. OK... it is... It's epic.

Three years ago, I published my first post... and its all gone down hill since. When I started this waste of time, I wasn't really sure what direction we were going with it. But... but we have basically come up with this as the credo of this "blog":

Work hard, have fun, make history. Keep expectations low. Support the two party system, two parties every night!

Are we getting there? Hmmm... maybe... not. Anyways... It turns out... my unbelievable short attention span hasn't stopped me to getting to year three... kind of an accomplishment on its own... if you ask me. Alright... enough with the self deprecating humor.... today is a day to celebrate!

We sure have had some fun here... made new jokes, talked a lot of shop... many of you are becoming closet Chiefs fans... we've (kind of) made breaking news... we've explored and adapted junior high toilet humor on how it relates to current events... started (sort of) cultural phenomenons... (No I'm serious on that one. I swear I saw someone fist bump someone else and say #goodjoboutofyou during the Condition of State coverage... epic) We made mullets acceptable... again. Lots of Earth shattering stuff... I know.

But my hope is, that I'm giving you all a little bit of an escape. A little time to be... not so serious. I know we cover a lot of political stuff here. And yes... politics is a serious game. But... being serious all the time is no way to live your life. I think we kind of proved that here.

I've said it before and I will say it a million times... Thank you for reading... and coming back. Nothing is more humbling than having someone say, "G$, you blog is frigging insane." Or getting emails from peeps with their questions, comments and of course... their insults. It's pretty awesome... and its stuff like that... that get me all fired up to do another post.

Now on to the future of QCI... I think its a bit more brighter than the dim high beams on the hoopty. So... yeah... I'm not going anywhere... and neither is this blog. We will continue to get all random on you... plus... be on the look out for new epic stories... thoughts... and things that you will make you personally ask.... for the 10 minutes... you just wasted... back...

So here's to year 3... and many more... thanks again for reading and your support. You are all crazy... just crazy good.

Stay thirsty,
G$

PS - We're getting more active with our Facebook Fan Page... so hook that up here...

PPS - So since its a day to celebrate... how about a little dancing?

PPPS - OK, cool. Stop what your doing. Crank the following tune... and join me in a little dancing break in honor of QCI. Don't ask... just do it fools!!!