6/13/08

















Cedar Rapids Gazette - Perry Walton/P&N Air - May's Island in Cedar Rapids flooded by the Cedar River, as seen from the air, on Thursday, June 12, 2008.

So… yea, this is pretty terrible. You know the numbers… another county is being added to the disaster area list each day… people have been killed… lives are being turned upside down. I wish I could write something to explain what most Iowans are thinking. No way I would do it any justice. So I won’t. For me, when it comes to things like this… I try to lighten things up a bit. Besides… I can’t watch anymore TV coverage of this stuff. It’s not that I don’t care… it’s just getting too depressing. So… let’s have some fun!

One of my all time favorite movies is My Blue Heaven. For some reason, it always makes me laugh. Seen it a million times and still cracks me up. For today’s post, I’ll put a clip in between each story. Hope this lightens up your weekend as dry weather seems to be in the forecast.


FINKLE AND EICHHORN, EICHHORN AND FINKLE… EICHHORN CONCEDES – George Eichhorn officially ended his campaign today per a letter emailed to QCI this morning. Congrats to Christopher Reed, Republican Nominee. Best of luck to George with your future endeavors. Now I have to retire the Ace Ventura references.

QCI POLL – Keep voting, revote, under vote and everything else. So far you think QCI should go for it… and some of you really like the 69 jokes… ha ha 69….

NEARING 9,000 – As QCI approaches yet another milestone, just wanted to thank everyone for reading. This is a lot of fun. Also, my sincere apologies to the grammar and spelling police… but then again, I think most folks have figured out how to read through my posts with numerous errors. Anyways, I’ll do my best and if that’s not enough… well, you know this is the World’s crappiest blog, right? Oh, and how did no one catch the errors in the F’ING STORMS graphic header thinger? Sigh…

Be safe out there everyone. Until then... it's MERENGUE TIME!