10/6/08

MORE BAILOUT – Alright, the Bailout is law… POTUS signed it and let’s hope it does something. Now… over the weekend… I overheard a table of patrons at a local watering hole discussing the issues of the day. I’m not usually that nosey, but one person in the group leading (if you mean lead by yelling) the discussion… brought up a point I haven’t gotten out of my head. He was going on about gas prices and then started rant about the bailout. Then he went all black helicopter and talking about how the end of this country is near. “Where’s the outrage, huh?” He said. “$3 dollar gas? We bailed out a bunch of millionaires? Where’s the f’ing outrage?” He slammed his shot and said, “Shit, we’ve been more outraged for less… remember those guys in Boston? The King taxed tea and they went nuts… for taxing f’ing tea! Where's the outrage?” You know… this guy might be on to something…
COMING SOON TO THE ALLEGANY COUNTY COURTHOUSE – Seriously QCI-ders… If I were Ben Rothelisberger, I’d be taking the offensive line of the Pittsburgh Steelers to court for assault charges. Good Lord. Also, is it me on this? How hard were they hitting last night? Damn…
F’ING CHIEFS – Urgh… well since my favorite team is going to be hell bent on sucking this year… I’m gonna take a look from the pitcher half full crowd… at least we can get a higher draft pick to possible trade for a quarterback…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY – Happy Birthday to my little sister April! Hope you have an awesome one.
‘PALOOZA - Shout to all who attended the annual shin dig… holy crap… I think we had a good time. Actually, I think the whole town knew we had a good time… Still. Trying. To. Re. Cover… Is this what 31 means?
ROUND 2 – The Presidential Nashville Star? Possibly… look for fireworks tomorrow. Thoughts?
JUDGE WANTS TO DEBATE PALIN – I say bring it. Listening to her rant reminds me of my favorite Chris Farley skit… when he was Stormin’ Norman. The similarities are numerous between the two… I can hear her now… “I WANT SARAH! I WANT SARAH! YOU’VE SEEN HOW MUCH WE CAN SCREW UP FLOOD RELIEF! NOW YOU CAN SEE WHAT I CAN DO IN DEBATE! ATLANTIC CITY! JUDGE/PALIN! THE WAR ON THE SHORE!!!” Funny thing is Lt. Guv Judge… why you were cracking jokes and yuking it up at the annual JJ Dinner, there are still folks in tents in Cedar Rapids… nice work out of you.
THEY DID IT AGAIN – Well… another major news story… another way to raise money for Mike Huckabee… and they used the most ridiculous and dirty salutation again in their fundraising appeal… a sample from the email:
Dear Huck PACkers-
I wanted to write you to convey my disgust with the passing of this 451 page bailout bill. Wall Street has gone trick-or-treating in Washington a little bit early this October. Wall Street is getting the treats and America is getting tricked. The “Axis of Arrogance” has tried to pull the wool over the eyes of the Main Streeters and in doing so hid a sty full of pork in a bill whose constitutionality is questionable at best. Friends, the folks in Washington continue to treat your wallet as their tip jar and this has to stop.

If you are going to continue to spam me with fundraising emails every other day… Stop. Using. Dear. Huck. PACkers. Now. Please…

AND FINALLY… Let’s keep today’s tune of the day simple… as in Simple Minds… crank it!