10/14/08

Sorry for the late start this week QCI-ders… here we go…

HAWKS WIN! Hell yes! Good win, no fumbles, solid… I know, we played Indiana… but hey… a win is a win… we’ll take it. They play like that Saturday… then I think we got a shot at Wisconsin.
CHIEFS – For one weekend, the Chiefs didn’t lose… full disclosure, they didn’t play. But again… I’ll take that too. Next Sunday they face arguably one of the tougher defenses in the NFL with the Titans… at least the game is in Arrowhead. We have a shot.
ARRRGH – Even though they didn’t play… it still doesn’t mean the Chiefs can give you heartburn. Future Hall of Fame Tight End Tony Gonzalez is on the trading block… and doesn’t want to be in Kansas City anymore. I don’t blame him. A player of that caliber deserves a chance at a title before ending his career… it’s too bad we’re in year 9 of King Carl’s 5 year plan to the Super Bowl… sigh…
PUT IT BACK IN THE DUMPSTER WHERE YOU FOUND IT – So Hershel is doing the high road post on a lot of garbage in the blogosphere as of late last week. Then low and behold… enter David Chung with his post. This was bullshit from the beginning and it looks like the real story ERR the truth is finally peeking… that’s good news. The Fly Boys are so Lion King on this one, because it’s the Circle of Life, Simba…
WHOAH – 1000 point surge in the Dow yesterday?
METALLICA COUNTDOWN – Dudes… within 2 weeks, Metallica will be in Des Moines. As my neighbors can tell by the blasting of their sweet sweet sound from my apartment. I think deep down, they enjoy it.
MANNY BEING MANNY Man Ram is having the same effect as Kirk Gibson in 1988?
FINAL DEBATE – What are your early thoughts?
FACEBOOKI’ve mentioned this to a few people… but now I’m mentioning it to you… does it seem like there are more people joining Facebook lately? Or is it that I’m uber popular? I’m gonna go with that, more people are joining. As always… if you haven’t already… friend me up.

AND FINALLY… For your tune of the day… we keep it to the oldies… I think I’m gonna just celebrate my favorite catalog of oldies you listen to while drinking beer and hanging out in a garage in Jewell, Iowa. Thus, we bring you Looking Glass with this smash hit…. Do, dah, do do doo… crank it up and pass me a beer…