10/3/08

LEADERSHIP PACS – Can someone tell Huckabee it’s not 2012 yet? For crying out loud... Got another one of his appeals for money while trying to somehow tie himself to the Palin-Biden debate last night via email. There are tons of other also-rans and random never will be’s that are sending the same appeals for their slushy puppy funds.... We know one thing for sure… politicians love themselves some money… Another note… never… EVER, ever… evah, evah, evah, evah, evah, evah, evah, evah, evah… EVAH! Start your fundraising appeal with “Dear Huck PACkers”… sounds kind of dirty. Now I’m creeped just by reading that…
DEBATE – What’s your spin?
OH DAMN… Man, there are going to be some grumpy folks in the DSM… particularly Cub fans… down 2? Yikes… maybe they only need some California sun to get some wins… note to DSM Metro bars… keep the sharp objects back in the kitchen…
NEW STANHOPE BAR – Per the breaking news yesterday with Drudge Siren in tow… The Capri is open again… although it got a new name… Early reports from my cousins… is that it’s still a great hangout… new owner is a good guy. Looking forward to spreading some commerce the next time I’m up in God’s Country, Iowa.
HAWKS – I’m gonna say it… we’re gonna beat Michigan State tomorrow… just have a feeling.
I HAVE A REASON TO GO TO CRAP DES MOINES NOW – Errr, I mean West Des Moines (same thing)… any how… QCI-ders are used to me getting behind something that’s been around in the DSM area for a while… but alas, I have a reason to hit Crap Des Moines… Hungry Hobo. Back in the day, during the good ol’ U of I days… I wouldn’t just “go” to the Hungry Hobo on Riverside… I’d muh fuggin’ high tail that bitch to the Hungry Hobo… Oh. So. Good. Especially after a post game nap… glorious.
BAIL OUT – So the least popular people in the United States… The U.S. House of Representaitves… passed the dumb f’ing bailout… Hershel is all over it… don’t feel good about this one QCI-ders… like the first (and last) time I tried Skoal… feel kind of queezy now…
I’M NOT F’ING JOKING – Smoker Hating Emily at Battleground puts in her 2 cents… about the debate… not the U of I Rape Case. I’m serious… she is writing about something else. Good take… though I’m calling it a draw…

“AND FINALLY… AND JUST BECAUSE” ..wouldn’t that make a great band name? Or album name? Speaking of both… enjoy The Doves… Live.