3/12/08

As I approach over 2500 hits and 3 months since the first post of this crappy little blog I thought I’d do a few house cleaning items, updates and announcements to the site.

1. Thank you very much for reading and kind words passed along about QCI. I really try to make it fun and have a goal to have one new thing a day on the site.

2. I’ve added a few new links to the “Stuff I Read.” As you can see it’s an eclectic list of stuff. New ones of note: Charlotte Eby’s Iowa Insider, Eastern Iowa Conservative and John Deeth. Ch, Ch Ch, Che Check ‘em out!

3. True or False… Linsday Lohan makes her comeback full circle this year.

4. I removed the Leader Board thinger for getting my jokes and references. Yoda was winning all the points. Congrats Yoda!

5. Anyone have a good NCAA Pool? Feeling lucky this year.

6. If you haven’t yet and you are considering it, please donate to Chad Barth’s 2nd Annual Walk for Epilepsy Fundraiser. To donate go to this site: http://www.walkwithchad.com/

7. As always, your feedback is welcomed and encouraged.

8. Lunch menu for today is BBQ Pork on a Bun, Sun Chips, Baked Beans, & Mixed Fruit. Anyone want to trade sun chips for beans? Huh?

9. As you have figured out by now, I learned how to embed YouTube videos to the site. To end this update and in honor of his return to Central Iowa tomorrow night, here’s “Liar” by Rollins Band. Isn’t this like the perfect song for a blog that talks a little politics? And how much does Henry Rollins rock? I know the anti-Bush stuff he said… blah, blah, blah… If I had to base what I listened to or watched on TV by the politics of the artists… there would probably be nothing left to rock out to…

BTW, this album is so friggin sweet…. Take it away Henry… and your “Rollins Band.”