1/30/09

CC: Super Funky RNC Post


Let's start today off good... because I'm feelin' the funk and this always seems to treat Jim Rome well...


Oh yea… makes me want to bust out my British Knights… so let’s get to hip hop of randomnous that you CANNOT live without… Some observational randomnous for you… because we roll that way…

NOT IMPRESSED – I’m a little behind on this one… but… Now… I figured. With all the hype surrounding the new POTUS… that he would be… you know a leader. Turns out, one of the first press things he’s doing is picking a fight with Rush Limbaugh… for real? Seriously? Not even Clinton paid that much attention… this is really f’ing stupid… all of the things going down in this country… and the leader of the Free World is worried about Rush Limbaugh… not impressed.
CHIEFS LOOKING FOR COACH – I have been very impressed with Clark Hunt and his ability to keep the lid tight over at One Arrowhead Drive. Also, nice to know Herm Edwards landed on his feat, he’ll be on ESPN as an analyst. As my brother toasted Edward last Friday night… “To Herm… It’s been real, it’s been fun… but it hasn’t been real fun.” Cheers…
HERE’S A QUARTER - …Call someone who cares… now, the RNC election is going on today… this is about the most hackish events of all hackish events… although important… but for some reason, this thing isn’t tripping my trigger as some may think it would…
THAT BEING SAID… If you have been refreshing your Twitters and Facebook statuses… or checking the around the clock coverage over at Krusty… you all know that Steele is the new RNC chair… neat… all QCI cares about is the First in the Nation Status… let’s hope it stays that way…
LBC IS STAYING – For a while… at least in its current format… if we think of something cool… we’ll do that. Plus… QCI-ders are emailing me and letting me know that you loves yourselves the LBC… not only are you peeps QCI-ders… but you are all in the LBC… GEEE-eah…
TRAIN WRECKS – Damn man… watched a little tube last night. Question, why are all the shows such train wrecks? Like… I caught a little of American Idol… and I couldn’t watch it… yea… I know… I should just stick to watching old Royals highlight tapes…

QCI FACEBOOK STATUS OF THE DAY
"So and So... finally did one of those notes. I guess I'm as cool as Miles Davis."

Huh?

SUPERBOWL ERR THE BIG GAME – Oh man… I loves myself some Super Bowl. Just everything around it. Media day… the build up… the hype… but as always… not so much on the game… I always have to recall back to my mother’s first email to me (she used to think the internet was evil until she figured out should could get some sweet ass recipes online…) Anyways… her first email to me was on the evening of the Super Bowl a few years ago… Here’s how the first from my Mom went… of course… it was in all CAPS…

HI GRANT! HOW ARE YOU? THIS IS MY VERY FIRST EMAIL. WHAT’S NEW? WE ARE GOING TO KANSAS CITY NEXT WEEKEND. HOW WAS YOUR WEEKEND? DID YOU WATCH THE SUPER BOWL? WHO CARES, THE CHIEFS WEREN’T IN IT ANYWAY! LOVE YOU, MOM

Yea… our family is hardcore Chiefs fans… don’t even get my Ma started on Larry Johnson… it’ll just make her pissed.
QCI SUPER BOWL PICK – Actually, I think its gonna be a close game… nut I’m always an underdog guy… I’m going Cards 21-20… seriously, Kurt Warner is the Rocky Balboa of the NFL… wouldn’t want to face him… sorry Steeler Nation QCI-ders… It’s just my gut… but again, as my Ma always says… “WHO CARES, THE CHIEFS WEREN’T IN IT ANYWAY!” Thanks Mom…