5/6/10

Pink Buckets, Naughty Nurses & Getting a Little Political...

Hey QCI-ders... More frequent posts are on the way... I promise... No I'm effing serious (wink... *smirk*)...

Anyways... Lately I've noticed somethings as I have been out and about. So... here we are back to being random...

Which is how we like it... with a side of cheese whiz.

Let's tango sucka this random!

PINK BUCKETS - Anyone else disturbed about this KFC promotion? Eat a bucket of chicken to help beat breast cancer? Listen, I'm all for raising money to kick cancer's ass... but, isn't this kind of the backwards way? This gets a little more ridiculous when you find out that heart disease is the leading cause of death for women. You know... because Kentucky Fried Chicken is so good for your heart. SMH...
FRIEND FAIL - OK... so a buddy of mine who we'll leave nameless... was laid up for a couple of weeks... he wasn't doing so hot. But, he's back on the mend.... and getting better. And he was a little pissed at me. Here's how it goes down....

ME: Hey man, you seem pissed?
MY BUDDY: Um yeah man, just a little.
ME: What's up?
MY BUDDY: So I've been home, healin' up for the last two weeks.
ME: Yeah.
MY BUDDY: And no one, NO ONE ever thought of sending the naughty nurse from Ferris Bueller to my house?! No one!
ME: Awe crap... friend fail.

"I hear that you were feeling ill..." That bit never gets old...

QCI FACEBOOK STATUS OF THE DAY

"So and so... wow, i really did a number on my hair this time. not a good look. i dont know why i like to drink and then cut my own hair. the only good thing about it is that my ear has finally stopped bleeding.."

Who is this guy... an 80 proof Van Gogh? Yessss.

HE'S POLITICAL - As ole C-Style says from time to time, "That Grant Young, he's political." So let's chirp about what's going on for a bit. We're getting to the final countdown... voting has actually begun... (that's absentee voting for you people in Story City trying to follow along). So it's on... Yes... we are doing a Gameday Primary Preview... the writers have been assembled. Yes, I know... we have been saying this. Who will be the mascot head? Stay tuned. So yeah... in the 3rd... Jim Gibbons has the airwaves burning... Brad Zaun has his peeps in the streets... Dave Funk is out campaigning hard. Out east... in the 2nd and 1st... some of you are having issues sending a simple press release. Listen... I'm no grammar king... I couldn't spell if my life depended on it... BUT, I know the clear difference between sending a release to the media... and something that doesn't even look close. Get it together turkeys... it makes us all look bad when you can't get this right... cool? Glad we coul have this talk. In other news... the biggest buzz I'm hearing from the ground is Brenna Findley. It's off the charts. Every single faction of the party is fired up about her. Let's put it this way... if the pulse of the party had trending Twitter topics... "Brenna Findley" would be trending... maybe more than Justin Bieber... wow... I just made a Justin Bieber/Twitter reference... sigh...
SPEAKING OF POLITICS - Alright... so this fundraising trend that was started by Ron Paul... called "Money Bombs"... Now called "Freedom Bombs" or "What ever the hell you want to call them Bombs"... You raise ten grand or something in one day. It's fun and a way to make a "call to action" for your peeps... But... can't we come up with a better name for these? Bombs? Surely we are more creative than that...
DISASTERS - Man... between Nashville and New Orleans... Good Lord... Hope you all are chipping in where you can. Oh and who's the blame for all of this? "G$! It's Dick Cheney and those evil oil people!" "G$! It's Al Gore and those pinko leftist wackos!" You know what? Both of you two sides... Why don't you just shut the eff up and start getting help to the people who need it... instead of figuring out who gets the most political chicken scatches at the end of the day.
EPIC MUSIC SUMMER IN THE DEMO - Dudes... the Black Keys are coming... yeah, I know! Oh wait... JJ Grey and Mofro playing on the river?!! I know! Modest Mouse?! FTW! Vanilla Ice!!!!!! Holy freaking crap!! The next thing you're gonna tell me is that Metallica is gonna play Hoyt Sherman. Now you're just messing with me.
NEW MEMBERS TO THE LBC - Hey kids... be sure to check out the Ryde or Fly blog. An epic blog that shares two gals' journey of finding the best chicken wings in the DeMo... while riding crappy bikes. The updates are hilarious and they know their stuff... so I added them to the LBC on the right hand side of the blog. Check it fools!

AND FINALLY... Let's get your weekend started right! Get this thing going man!!! Crank this up get out of your chair and start dancing around like Mick Jagger... Stay thirsty my friends.