9/3/08

QCI-ders… sorry for the lack of posts in the last few days… moved out of the hood and trying to put the place together. Anyhow… enjoy these classics while I work on a mega post for you tomorrow… more on that after the classics…

THE LEGEND OF THE BUTTON GUYS

DUDE, FAVRE….

LINCOLN DINNER LIVE BLOG

THE GAMEDAY POST

TOMORROW’S POST – “Dude, you have nothing about the RNC, man… what up?” I’ll tell ya, everyone else has good stuff out there… I would be recycling the stories you already know. The Palin pick is awesome… but, as I said I have been moving over the weekend. And if you are G$, and you move… you have to deal with the 10+ years of campaign stuff accumulated. So I am in total sorting mode. Anyone looking for vintage bumper stickers? Yea… I’m a pack rat…

Anyways, tomorrow night John Sidney McCain will accept the Republican Nomination. So, as I have been watching the coverage… I’ve spent a lot of time (while sifting through all of the campaign crap) reflecting… thinking… remembering… Seriously… it’s been a lot of fun. So I thought, instead of doing all RNC coverage all the time… how about a telling a story. A story that has come full circle for me and my fellow McCainiacs.

You all know the ups and downs of Team Straight Talk. The Dark Summer as some of us call it. For the last 3 guys on the field team back in July of ’07… we dubbed ourselves the crew of Apollo 13 (one of my all time favorite movies). For real, at times, the comparison in our minds… was too eerie. Tomorrow… we nominate John McCain… many folks thought it would never happen… we did, the Iowa Team of Apollo 13. Stay tuned…

Oh, and here's a little video... to set the mood.